Day went by in a blur. John and I both had headaches, body aches, chills and were not feeling good. Maybe the fish that stung us yesterday? Finally been able to identify it.  It is a weever fish and the most poisonous fish in Croatia.  Yesterday, someone was stung by one in the hand in England and they had to be airlifted to a hospital as they had breathing issues.  Fatalities are rare, but  possible.  We were lucky in that our symptoms were not that severe and we had problems only for 48 hours, most the subsequent day.

IMG_9844
Weever fish

The kids blew up paddle boards and tender and went into Hvar in the evening. Came back after a “few” drinks rather late at night.

Advertisements